Drakes Dyke - Luxurious self-catering riverside holiday boathouse style cottage in the heart of the Norfolk Broads
Enjoying a delightful waterfront location, this high quality very comfortably furnished and well-equipped, detached holiday cottage is located close to the village of Wroxham right in the very heart of the Norfolk Broads.
The layout of this upside down cottage allows you to take full advantage of the stunning river views from the first floor living room, also can be enjoyed from the furnished verandah. The living areas are all upstairs via the spiral staircase with the bedrooms all downstairs. The lawned garden leads down to the river's edge, where the private mooring homes a motorised covered day boat for guests' own use (charges apply) to explore the famous Norfolk Broads waterways.
Excellent bird-watching and coarse fishing can be enjoyed cottage grounds and a fun games room offers guests table tennis and a pool table.
Fishing on the Norfolk Broads - a very popular location for all levels of anglers offering some excellent coarse and pike fishing available right from your doorstep. Pike, roach, tench, bream, rudd, perch amongst many others are regularly caught. An Environmental Agency Rod licence will be required to fish on the Broads. There are many rod hire, tackle and bait shops available locally.
Please note: Fishing Season - Open Coarse Season - 16th June to 14th March (no fishing outside these dates)
The Norfolk Broads is a series of inter-connecting rivers and broads covering 303 sq. km mostly in the County of Norfolk. Seven rivers and 63 broads, many pretty villages and beautiful countryside and landscapes makes up the Norfolk Broads and has been coined Britain's 'Magical Waterland'.
With over 200 square kilometres of the Broads is navigable and the best way to explore the market towns, riverside villages, waterside pubs and pretty broads is by boat which can be hired from many different locations throughout.
The Norfolk Broads is made up many marshes, reedbeds, and conservation areas or SSSI's all which homes a huge amount of varied wildlife and offers a delight for birdwatchers, expert and novice coarse and pike fishermen alike.
Many watersports are also available with sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking all very popular. Another great way to explore the Broads is by bike, many cycling trails and paths wind alongside the rivers and broads.
Sandy beaches and popular Norfolk coastal towns are only a short drive away so too the Historic city of Norwich.
- Please click here for Drakes Dyke Floor plan
- Ground Floor
- Master bedroom with super king double (6ft)
& triple aspect with French doors leading out onto the decking with superb river views with en-suite bathroom - corner bath, separate shower
cubicle, W/C & wash basin
- Double bedroom (4'6")
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with shower over bath & W/C
- Steep spiral stairs to First Floor:
- Beamed modern kitchen with range gas cooker
- Fridge / Freezer/ Dishwasher / washing machine / Microwave
- Beamed living/dining room
- Living area is furnished with Digital TV / DVD, Radio cassette / CD
- Under floor heating in the lounge area
- French doors & Juliette balconies from the living area all providing stunning views out over the River Bure
- French doors also lead out onto a substantial balcony with views out over Wroxham Broad as well as the main river with external staircase leading down to the
- Riverside garden with furniture (unfenced children beware)
- Private 60ft x 16ft mooring alongside
- Motorised day boat is available for hire direct with the owners. Please note this must be requested on booking and is payable in cash on arrival - £350 per week during the whole of July & August & all other school holidays. £150 per week for all other dates - 1st tank of fuel included - Life jackets provided FOC
- Life jackets provided FOC
- Games room (garage) with table tennis & pool table
- Pets - 3 dogs maximum for a small charge of £25 (Cats not accepted)
- All duvets, linen & towels provided
- Electricity & Full gas central heating included
- Cot & High chair available
- Parking for 3 cars - less than 200 metres away
- WiFi available
- Fishing available from property during open fishing season
- Please note: Fishing Season - Open Coarse Season - 16th June to 14th March
- Pub nearby
- Numerous restaurants & bars - easily walkable
- Shopping short walk away (1/2 mile away)
- Sandy beaches within 11 miles
- Excellent cycling
- Cromer & Great Yarmouth only a short drive away
- Weavers Way - 56 mile Broadlands footpath
- City Norwich, cathedral & castle museum - 8 miles away
- Golf - Sprowston Hall - 6 miles
- 20% Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 8 weeks beforehand
- Arrival from 4.00pm & 10.00am departure
- Electricity is included
- Cot available & High chair available
- All duvets, linen & towels provided
- Pets - 3 dogs maximum for a small charge of £25.00 (Cats not accepted)
- Please bring your pet's own bedding
- Smoking is not allowed at this property
- Short breaks available 3/4 night breaks - except main school holidays
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions