Luxury holiday cottage in a secluded waterside position just back from the main river, Reedlings offers accommodation with living area & bedrooms all on one level for up to seven people in four bedrooms.
This contemporary styled holiday property is all on one level and has an open plan living, dining and kitchen area which opens out onto a spacious riverside balcony with lovely views out to the river Bure where you can watch the river traffic. Good fishing is available from the lawned riverside garden (during the fishing season and with a licence).
Located on the River Bure in the Norfolk Broads, this is anideal location from which to explore the popular villages and broads of Wroxham, Potter Heigham, Coltishall, Salhouse and Ranworth, all easily accessible in a motorised day cruiser.
A short walk will take you into the centre of Horning where there are some small shops, butcher, delicatessen, riverside pubs, restaurants & cafés. You can also set off on of the ‘Broads Tours’ paddle steamers which set off just outside the Swan Inn.
For a selection of other properties available at same location please click here
Fishing on the Norfolk Broads- a very popular location for all levels of anglers offering some excellent coarse and pike fishing available right from your doorstep. Pike, roach, tench, bream, rudd, perch amongst many others are regularly caught. An Environmental Agency Rod licence will be required to fish on the Broads. There are many rod hire, tackle and bait shops available locally.
Please note: Fishing Season - Open Coarse Fishing Season - 16th June to 14th March (no fishing outside these dates).
The Norfolk Broads is a series of inter-connecting rivers and broads covering 303 sq. km mostly in the County of Norfolk. Seven rivers and 63 broads, many pretty villages and beautiful countryside and landscapes makes up the Norfolk Broads and has been coined Britain's 'Magical Waterland'.
With over 200 square kilometres of the Broads is navigable and the best way to explore the market towns, riverside villages, waterside pubs and pretty broads is by boat which can be hired from many different locations throughout.
The Norfolk Broads is made up many marshes, reedbeds, and conservation areas or SSSI's all which homes a huge amount of varied wildlife and offers a delight for birdwatchers, expert and novice coarse and pike fishermen alike.
Many watersports are also available with sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking all very popular. Another great way to explore the Broads is by bike, many cycling trails and paths wind alongside the rivers and broads.
Sandy beaches and popular Norfolk coastal towns are only a short drive away so too the Historic city of Norwich.
Local Area & Highlights
- Single level accommodation
- 1 x double bedroom (king sized bed) with access to the large balcony
- 1 x double bedroom ( king sized bed) with shared bathroom (shared with single room)
- 1 x single bedroom with shared bathroom (shared with double room)
- 1 x twin bedroom with large ensuite shower room and access to the large balcony
- Separate shower room / W/C
- Open plan dining, lounge area, with TV & DVD player
- Well equipped kitchen area including fridge freezer, electric oven/hob, microwave & dishwasher
- Opens out onto large balcony with table and loungers over looking the River Bure
- Utility room under the house features tumble drier and washing machine
- Digital TV / DVD in main lounge
- Large water frontage with views out towards river
- Terrace & decking area - Garden furniture provided
- Upstairs balcony overlooking river
- Ground floor decking area furnished with table tennis & NEW Private hot tub (available from 23rd June 2014)
- Parking outside - room for up to 4 cars
- Private mooring available with property
- WiFi Broadband Internet Connection
- Central heating
- Electricity is included
- Strictly no smoking
- All duvets, linen & towels are provided
- Cot & high chair available - £12 per item per week & £8 per item per short break
- Toddlers beware
Options & Additional Information
- Fishing available during fishing season (closed season is from 15th March to 15th June inclusive)
- Valid fishing licence is required
- Boat hire available locally at good rates - luxury day cruisers with galley, hob and WC
- Harry's Pool & Cafe is located nearby at Horning Marina. Heated pool & Jacuzzi with views across the Marina during your stay (discounts for holiday cottage customers apply).
- Harry's Cafe offers a great selection of freshly cooked food and homemade cakes and scones.
- Please note - Harry's Cafe and Swimming pool will be closing for the winter period on 2nd November 2013 through to approx. 28th March 2014.
- Local village shops, deli, butcher, restaurants, bars
- Ferry Inn Pub, New Inn & Swan Inn - all easily walkable
- Good shopping at Wroxham village (4 miles away)
- Sandy beaches within 11 miles
- Cromer & Great Yarmouth only a short drive away
- Canoe & kayak hire available locally
- Organised 'Canoe wildlife safaris' available
- Deposit is 25% required, balance due 8 weeks beforehand
- £200 refundable security deposit payable on arrival
- Arrival 4.00pm & departure 10.00am
- Sat/Tues start days
- Please note: Short Breaks are available year round but can only be booked during school summer holidays within 10 days - weekend 3 nights & midweek 4 nights
- All female or all male parties - refundable security deposit of £50.00 per head
- Bed linen, towels & continental quilt duvets provided
- Beds all made up upon arrival
- Electricity is included
- Cot & high chair available - £12/week & £8/short break
- Sorry no pets permitted
- Sorry - Smoking not permitted
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions