The Coach House is a large holiday cottage great for large family or groups of friends as it sleeps up to 8-10 people. Equipped with a luxury hot tub it is the ideal location for a relaxing break with lakes and mountains all around.
This semi-detached stone cottage is a converted stable and sits close to the Nick Nairn's Cook School. 4 x en-suite bedrooms, a large open plan kitchen/dining space leading out beyond the sun lounge & through the patio doors, there is a decking area with private hot tub which is available for hire this year at £150 extra per weekly let. The lake is short walk away through the woods.
The award-winning accommodation at Lochend, near Stirling is all set around the stunning Lake of Menteith, on a private 38 acre woodland estate run by the same family since 1974.
The Cedar Cabins have 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4+2 and are sympathetically located in a crescent shape around the shoreline to ensure lovely views of the lake through lawn and trees. Just past the Cedar cabins, is the Pine Lodge which has 2 bedrooms and enjoys a woodland view.
Close to the edge of the lake is the A Frame Chalet, the newly renovated A Frame Luxury Lodges and the 2/3 bedroom Waterfront Lodges which all have a furnished patio and a balcony so you can really make the most of the wonderful panoramic views of the lake and Ben Lomond beyond.
For those keen on fly-fishing, the Lake of Menteith is one of the best trout fishing waters in Scotland There is no bank fishing, but there are two boats going from the shore which can be booked in advance.
If you can tear yourself away from this beautiful waterside location you will find that it provides a great base from which to discover the fabulous countryside of Scotland.
Alternative accommodation at this location includes:
Pine Lodge - Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
Cedar Cabin - Sleeps 4+2 in 2 bedrooms & sofa bed
A Frame Lodges - Sleeps 4/6 in 2/3 bedrooms
A Frame Chalets - Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Luxury A-Frame Lodges - Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Fishing: The Lake of Menteith is widely reputed to be one of Scotland's premier locations for fly fishing with well stocked trout fishing waters. It is stocked with over 30,000 rainbow and brown trout every year, all over a 1lb in weight. Fishing is fly fishing only and from a boat - no bank fishing. 2 boats are available for guests whoever you can always visit the fishery which is a approx 1 mile away for more options there - www.menteith-fisheries.co.uk
Local Area & Highlights
- Click here for a site plan of this location
- First Floor:
- 2 x twin bedrooms each with a TV & en-suite shower room, W/C & hand basin
- The landing area has a writing desk
- 'Box room' at the top of the landing with & 2 x low small single beds
- Ground floor:
- 1 x double bedroom with ensuite shower room, W/C & hand basin
- 1 x double bedroom with ensuite bathroom - Jacuzzi corner bath with shower over, W/C & hand basin - This bathroom has a second entrance off the hall
- Open plan kitchen & dining area
- Fully equipped kitchen -SMEG fridge freezer, separate larder fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, electric hob & oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, scales, food processor
- All necessary utensils, crockery & cutlery are also provided
- Large hand made elm dining table with seating 10 - ideal for large dinner parties
- Sun lounge is just beyond the kitchen - a light & airy space with lots of seating & flat-screen TV with Freeview/DVD/CD-iPod docking station
- Double patio doors leading on to decked patio & small garden
- Outside decking with garden furniture seating 8
- Hot Tub seats up to 6 adults &overlooks fields & rolling farmland - £150 supplement (not to be used after 11pm)
- The Coach House is situated a short distance from the lake
- Bed linen, towels, tea towels, eco cleaning products
- Heating & electricity are all included in the price
- Beds are all freshly made up for your arrival
- Private parking for 4 cars
- FREE WIFI available
- Sorry, pets not permitted
- 'Starter Pack' provided on arrival - Fair-trade tea, coffee, sugar, milk & some local cakes
- Ecover cleaning fluids, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets and washing powder. Sponges and J-cloth
- Toilet rolls / bin bags will be in the chalet on your arrival
- Click here for a floor plan of The Coach House
- Closest villages: Aberfoyle & Callander
- Co-Op shop in Aberfoyle - open from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week, 10 minutes by car!
- Stirling - 25 minutes drive
- Glasgow & Edinburgh - 1 hours drive
- The Lake Hotel and Port Bar - 1.5 miles from Port of Menteith, Great location, on the north shore of the Lake, big roaring fire in winter and fabulous area for al fresco dining when suitable. Both bar food and fine dining
- Nick Nairn Cook School - This award winning Cook School is not only on the estate - fantastic way to spend a day out whether your into cooking or not
- Inchmahome Priory - Set on an island in the Lake of Menteith
- Great hill walking close by
- Loch Lomond is a short drive away
- Rednock Riding Centre - 2 miles from Port of Menteith - £18 for 1 hour trek, £32 for 2 hours
- Queen Elizabeth Forest Park - short drive away
- Stirling Castle - 25 mins away
- Aberfoyle Golf Club - 4 miles from Lochend
- Balfron Golf Club - 8 miles from Lochend
- Callander Golf Club - 9 miles from Lochend
- Deanston Distillery - 'local' distillery just 20 minutes from Lochend
- Go Ape! - Aberfoyle - Longest zip wire in Britain, 400m.
- 'Nae Limits' are an adventure sports company providing a great range of adrenalin-pumping activities from canyoning to white water rafting
- Mountain Biking - There are many tracks
- 'The Peak', indoor sports centre, have a climbing session followed by a swim or a skate!
- SS Sir Walter Scott - The Steamship Sir Walter Scott has been sailing sedately on Loch Katrine since 1900.
- Glencoe Visitor's Centre 1.5 hours drive away
- Glencoe Ski Centre
Options & Additional Information
- Friendly reception & useful information centre
- Communal laundry available with 2 washers & dryers & a washing line
- Games room - Table tennis table (bats / balls provided in each cabin), pool, air hockey, table football. PC with internet access, book exchange / DVD library
- Childrens play area - toddlers play boat, built with the 18 month to 10yrs olds in mind, a rope swing for children of all ages, giant chess board and wonderful natural playground in safe private estate
- Tennis courts - Free use with racquets provided, please bring your own tennis balls
- Fly fishing - permit required, preferable to book in advance, boat fishing only
- Rowing boats available hire by the hour, 1st come 1st serve basis at £4 per hour. Available from April to end of October
- Sailing - our customers may bring sailing dinghy's & boats by arrangement and will be required to be disinfected before launching
- Bikes - Great location for cycling with a Mountain Bike Trail and Trials Bike Skills Area available on the estate in a lovely forested area alongside the Goodie Burn
- Nick Nairn cook school is on site but must be booked in advance
- £50 deposit, balance due 6 weeks beforehand
- For all bookings not paid in full there is an additional £10 cancellation insurance
- Arrival from 3.30pm & 10.00am departure
- All male / female or young groups - please check when booking (Larger groups will be asked for a damage deposit)
- Electricity / gas inclusive in holiday price
- Bed linen, duvets and towels, tea towels are provided
- Sorry, pets not permitted
- Cots and high chairs available free of charge - must provide your own cot linen
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions