Luxury self catering on the shores of Loch Lomond.
Spoil yourself with a 5* luxury self catering holiday lodge overlooking this world famous beauty spot. Set in the beautiful Loch Lomond National Park in the picturesque harbour village of Balmaha on the northern shores of Loch Lomond all of the Waterfront lodges come equipped with private outdoor hot tubs looking out across the water.
Only 35 mins away from Glasgow and about an hour from Edinburgh the Loch Lomond Waterfront Lodges (12 luxury lodges in total) are ideally accessed from just about anywhere and offering the most wonderful place to escape and enjoy a luxurious weekend away, romantic break or family holiday.
Minutes away from the popular gastro Oak Tree Pub & restaurant which overlooks Balmaha Harbour the Waterfront Lodges are set 18 acres of landscaped, wooded and tranquil private grounds. Due to the beautiful backdrop of the loch and mountains behind, the Waterfront Lodges are often booked out for weddings and family gatherings.
With easy access to the Scottish Highlands and beyond there is so much to do and never a dull moment. A wonderful choice of watersports, challenging hikes and relaxing strolls, great golf on top quality courses, biking on the many forest trails and hillside tracks, horse riding on the shores of the loch, exploring the loch by boat or take the waterbus across to the other shores from Balmaha.
Luxury is key – the lodges are all beautifully furnished with two ensuite bedrooms many of which have balconies with views across the loch. A great place to take breakfast and enjoy watching the wildlife. The elegant spacious open plan living and dining room with a large flat screen TV offers the ideal place to relax of after a long day out – you could book a ‘Chef in Lodge’ option and have your meal prepared cooked for you and delivered to your table, ideal for that romantic break.
Other luxury options, beauty treatments, aroma therapy and Swedish massage all which can be booked on site or in advance. Spa facilities are available locally.
Alternative Options at the same location:
Waterfront Lodge -
Two storey lodges - sleep up to 6 with luxury Hot Tub as an optional extra of £16.00 / night
Waterfront Lodge Diamond Plus - Two storey luxury lodges with best views across Loch Lomond. Uultimate luxury furnishing package including Flat screen TV in the master bedroom, luxurious bathrobes.
Click here for a site plan of the Lodges available at this location
Fishing on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond offers some the best fishing in Scotland. Whether it is fly fishing for the wild Atlantic salmon and sea trout which migrate back the rivers in which they were spawned to coarse fishing, Loch Lomond Waterfront is ideal. With half mile exclusive access to the sandy shores and fish-rich waters of Loch Lomond the variety of fish to catch is huge. From enormous pike fishing to the smaller fish such as Perch, Roach and Dace and the elusive and protected powan.
Ghillies (or instructors) are available to hire locally to show you the best places to fish, how to cast a fly or brush up your maybe rusty skills. Boats can also be hired from Balmaha to explore other areas of Loch Lomond.
Rod licences are available on site.
Local Area & Highlights
- Click here for the typical Waterfront Lodge floorplan
- Choice of two storey or single storey luxury 5* hot tub lodges
- The single storey detached lodges -
- Brodick Lodge, Abbotsford Lodge, Drummond Lodge spacious & afford easy access for visitors with limited mobility
- The two storey sem-detached lodges -
- Stewart & Lismore, Drumlanrig & Mellerstain, Crathes & Mey are well insulated semi-detached & spacious lodges
- 2 ensuite bedrooms - can be made up as twin or king-size double beds to order
- Double sofa bed in the living area
- Ensuite's containing bath, WC, wash hand basin & separate shower cubicle
- Hydrotherapy steam shower bathroom & WC
- Hair Dryer
- Luxury kitchen off the dining area - superbly equipped to entertain
- Electric hob & oven, Microwave, Fridge freezer
- Dishwasher, Washing machine / Tumble Dryer
- Open plan lounge and dining areas are spacious and airy and are decorated with a sophisticated, contemporary Scottish style
- South facing views towards loch over private patio
- Furnished with a Wide screen 42" TV/DVD
- Wifi broadband internet connections and an office bureau
- Bed linen, duvets and towels, tea towels supplied weekly
- Beds made up with fresh linen for your arrival
- Starter provision of WC rolls, cleaning detergents, tea, coffee and sugar
- Private hot tub, patio and garden furniture
- BBQ areas on site
- Wonderful natural playground, no onsite facilities
- Cot / Highchair available
- Parking available on site
- Electricity is charged at £7.00 per night and payable in advance
- Pets accepted in selected lodges - £35.00 for 1 pet & £50.00 for 2
- Glasgow Airport 25 minutes, Glasgow city centre 35 minutes away.
- Edinburgh outskirts and airport 1 hour, centre 1 hour 15 minutes
- Stirling - 30 minutes,
Perth - 50 minutes
- Watersports - Canoeing, waterskiing, sailing, windsurfing
- Superb walks - hill climbs, scrambling and trekking
- Horse riding available locally
- Mountain biking trails and family cycle routes
- Excellent golf - Loch Lomond, Callander and Aberfoyle close by
- Loch Lomond Waterbus - trips across the loch to the other shores
- Cowal Peninsula - www.visitcowal.co.uk/
Short distance from Inveraray, stop at the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar for lunch & enjoy famous Loch Fyne Seafood
Visit the stunning gardens at Crarae
The Arrochar Alps
Gateway to the world-class Gardens of Argyll
Wonderful places to explore including Ben Nevis, Oban, Fort William
Cruachan Power Station - superb feat of engineering
Glencoe - an awe inspiring trip through its central valley, it is without doubt one of the most beautiful places in Europe
Options & Other Information
- Professional beauty therapist can visit you in the privacy of your lodge
- 'Chef in lodge' - A Chef will come and cook you a meal for up to 6 guests in your lodge - chosen from a pre selected menu, please ask for further details
- Nature reserve adjacent with abundant wildlife
- Superb fishing locally - Rod licence's available to buy from reception & guests have the freedom of a huge area of varied fishing
- Wonderful and extensive walks & cycle trails
- Excluice access to the sandy shores
- Balmaha harbour 4 min's walk - boat hire & launching available
- Excellent range of activities available locally
- Local gastro pub - The Oak Tree (5 min's walk)
- Drymen (3 miles) the nearest village with a selection of hotels shops and restaurants
- 30% deposit - Balance due 8 weeks beforehand
- Check in - 4.00pm & checkout is 10.00am
- Bed linen & towels provided - all beds made up upon arrival
- Pets accepted in selected lodges - £35.00 for 1 pet & £50.00 for 2
- Electricity/gas is additionally charged - £7.00 per day
- All prices quoted are per lodge per night based on minimum 3 night stay
- Changeover day: Weekly bookings usually Sat to Sat
- Short breaks minimum of 3 nights
- Flexible short breaks available outside school summer holidays
- Some lodges can be interconnected for large families
- Facilities for functions, weddings, conferences or small group meetings
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions