The Cotswold Water Park is a wonderful place to stay for a holiday or short break and is easily accessible from most of the UK. With over 140 different lakes, ancient woodland, and open countryside, also where the infant Thames starts its path and is attracting more visitors and holiday-makers every year.
Set on the borders of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire and within the popular Cotswolds region, the Cotswold Water Park offers so much for everyone. The adventurous will enjoy a tremendous range of watersports and activities that are available.
One of the best ways to get to see the wonderful wildlife, stunning lake views and pretty Cotswolds village is by bike or on foot on one of the many purpose built trails. Take out a canoe or rowing boat and explore one of the larger lakes, the fishing is excellent and the number of waterbirds is incredible.
Cotswold Water Park Holiday lodges & cottages - There are a great choice of lovely waterside lodges & cottage holiday options throughout the Cotswold Water Park, the majority sit right by the water offering great views and are available for short breaks. groups and family holidays all year round. From fishing holidays, spa breaks, romantic escapes to sporting weekends away for friends there is a wealth of good value and high quality & stylish holiday accommodation available.
Click here for a map of the Cotswold Water Park - Lower Mill Estate is shown as lake number 45, 47 & 57 on this map.
Howells Mere and Clearwater Holiday cottages - Contemporary, glass fronted holiday cottages overlooking Howells Mere and Clearwater freshwater Lakes. These beautifully designed properties are set within Lower Mill Estate, an idyllic location which appeals to everyone.
Included in the holiday price is free access to the award winning ArtSpa - with its heated 20 meter indoor and outdoor eco-pools, gym, sauna, steam room and range of bookable treatments. Only a limited number of properties have access to this exclusive spa.
These stunning properties are set in lovely natural surroundings with 550 acres of private parkland to explore by bike or on foot. There is also a shop on-site where you can pick up a range of local and fresh produce as well as your everyday essentials. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors of the Lower Mill Estate with facilities including an outdoor tennis court; children's play area, trampoline, canoeing, table tennis and outdoor swimming pool with sauna (open Easter to the end of October and over Christmas and New Year). Fishing is also available on 6 of the 7 lakes.
Lower Mill Estate Fishing: - Guests are permitted to fish on 6 out of the 7 lakes within The Lower Mill Estate. This includes 'Somerford Lagoon' which the cottages overlook (here the coarse fishing season runs 1st June - 12th May, and Pike 1st Oct - 14th March), however please note it is not possible to fish in front of your cottage or from the decking. For further details on fishing please click here for more information.
Step outside the estate, and the attractions of the Cotswolds and the Gloucestershire countryside are on your doorstep.
Other accommodation at this location includes:
Cotswolds Clearwater 28- 4 bedrooms, Sleeping 6
Cotswolds Clearwater 82 - 4 bedrooms, Sleeping 7
Cotswolds Clearwater 55 - 4 bedrooms, Sleeping 8
Cotswolds Howells Mere 47 - 4 bedrooms, Sleeping 8
Cotswolds Clearwater 27 - 5 bedrooms, Sleeping 10
The Cotswold Water Park - One of the fastest growing tourist areas in the UK, the Cotswold Water Park has for a long time been kept as a best kept secret and it seems that the secret is now out and is now becoming a major tourist destination! South of Cirencester and north of Swindon the Cotswold Water Park covers just over 40 square miles. The whole area which is made up of 150 different lakes, a series of lovely old Cotswold villages, the infant Thames is a haven for a wonderful array of wildlife and leisure activities.
- 150 different lakes
- Created from over 50 years of limestone extraction
- Covering 14 different villages
- 150 km of pathways, bridleways and cycle paths
- 74 different fishing lakes – many stocked with specimen fish
- 10 lakes specified as ‘Sites of Special Scientific Interest’ (SSSI)
- Home to over 20,000 waterbirds
- Range of protected Nature Reserves
- Great selection of lakeside holiday cottages and lodges
- Wonderful choice of watersports and activities
The area is rich with fishing options throughout, from river fishing in the Thames, coarse fishing, specimen carp lake fishing to fly fishing for trout there is something for everyone from the novice to expert. The many different fisheries offer day tickets and club membership facilities. The Tackle Den fishing specialists will help ensure you have all the right equipment and bait to enjoy your day. Many holiday cottages and lodges offer fishing right from the doorstep.
For details of the various different fishing lakes and options available please 'Click Here' for fishing options.
- Click here for a map of The Lower Mill Estate
- Howells Mere 26 - S
leeps 8 adults & 2 children
- Second Floor:
- Bedroom 1: Master double bedroom (6') furnished with open double wardrobe, bedside cabinets & ensuite bathroom with shower over bath, WC & wash basin
- First Floor:
- Bedroom 2 (suitable for children only): Twin bedroom (2 x 2' 6" futon single beds) with limited storage
- Open plan living & dining area
- Double height glass windows overlooking the lake with sliding doors to enclosed balcony
- Cosy log burner
- 1 x 3/4 seat and 1 x 2/3 seat sofas
- 2 x large bean bags
- 37" flatscreen TV, DVD player, Sky (all channels)
- IPod docking station
- Dining table with seating for 6
- Breakfast bar with seating for 4
- Fully equipped kitchen with 5 ring gas hob, single oven & grill, dishwasher, built in microwave, washer/dryer & built in larder fridge & freezer
- Ground Floor:
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom (5') furnished with 21" flatscreen TV with freeview, ample storage, sliding full height glass doors to lakeside sundeck & ensuite shower room with WC & wash basin
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom (5') furnished with 21" flatscreen TV with freeview, ample storage, sliding full height glass doors to lakeside sundeck & ensuite bathroom with shower over bath, WC & wash basin
- Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom (2 x 3' singles) with 21" Flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, WC & wash basin
- South west facing sundeck (fully enclosed) furnished with Rattan deck furniture & table, seating for 6 + 2 extra chairs & a charcoal BBQ
- Bed linen, duvets and towels provided
- Beds made up for your arrival
- All heating and electricity included
- Cots, highchairs & stair gates available - £10 per item
- Extra camp beds can be provided where space permits - £25 charge (bedding & bed linen provided)
- Sorry no pets
- WIFI Available
- Please note: Only 2 passes for the Artspa are ever supplied & this is sufficient for the entire party to gain access. There is a £25 charge (per pass) to replace any lost passes
- Sorry no single sex large groups
- Access to the ARTSPA with an indoor heated pool & an eco pool together with treatment rooms, steam room, sauna & gym - Click here for brochure
- Tennis court
- Childrens play area
- Outdoor trampoline
- Table tennis
- 7 lakes and 3 rivers
- Fishing on Somerford Lagoon - coarse fishing season runs 1st June - 12th May and Pike runs 1st Oct - 14th March. Please note it is not possible to fish in front of your cottage or from the decking. For details on more fishing options click here for more information
- Spinney Lake is available for non-powered water sports throughout the year
- Estate Shop, Mill, Livery and Organic Farm
Just a few minutes walk from your own front door. A spa reserved exclusively for you, your family, and a select group of like-minded residents from a safe gated community. Adult and owner only times apply, please check for details.
Unwind in one of the two heated pools, cleanse and clear your pores in the sauna or steam room, or sweat it out in our technogym, making your time cooling off in the lily-filtered outdoor eco-pool or relaxing in the lounge hard-earned and much deserved.
In tranquil treatment rooms, scented with essential oils, there are over sixty gentle therapies to sample. Try a luxurious hot stone massage, an exfoliating body wrap and facial, or a de-stressing pedicure and manicure. Each of these treatments are designed to relax and rejuvenate body and mind, using soothing, harmonious and natural Pevonia Botanica ingredients. There really is nowhere better to unwind and recharge - Click here for brochure
Please note: only 2 passes are ever handed out and these are sufficient for the entire party. There is a £25 charge to replace any lost passes.
Local Area & Highlights
- Cotswold Water Park - 150 lakes & activities on over 40 acres
- Old Rome town of Cirencester close by (4 miles)
- Nature reserves & picnic sites
- Superb range of activities and watersports available
- Pretty Cotswolds Villages & market towns nearby including - Bibury, Bourton on the Water, Lechlade, Moreton in Marsh
- Visit Cotswolds - Map of region and highlights
- Roman Amphitheatre - Cirencester
- Just 90 minutes from London or Birmingham
- 50 minutes from Bristol
- Cheltenham & Gloucester easily accessible
- Swindon Town & Designer Outlet Shopping Centre - 9 miles
- Tewkesbury, an ancient abbey town standing between the Severn and Avon rivers
- Uffington Castle & White Horse
- Buscot Park
- Ashdown House - National Trust
- North Meadow National Nature Reserve
- Lydiard House and Park
- Misarden Park Gardens
- Oaksey Park Golf
- Arboretums, Parks & Gardens in the Cotswolds
- Balloon flights over the Cotswolds
- Historical Buildings in the Cotswolds
- Museums & Heritage in the Cotswolds
- Railways & Transport in the Cotswolds
- Wildlife & Animal Parks in the Cotswolds
- Shopping - good shopping & Factory retail outlets nearby
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park - Spa 6* - Facilities include a 11m pool with hydrotherapy area, sauna, steam room, experience shower, ice fountain, state-of-the-art gymnasium and relaxation room. Treatment rooms & extensive menu of treatments. Day membership is £25 per person – includes use of all the facilities. Beauty treatments are available at extra cost.
Options & Additional Information
- The Ballihoo Clubhouse & Restaurant is onsite & offers breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as takeaway options
- Somerford Lagoon - International important site for wintering wildfowl, can only be used for non-powered water sports between 1st April - 30th September. The footpath to the Southern & Eastern edge of Somerford Lagoon is not accessible from 1st October - 31st March, in order to minimize disturbance to the wintering wildfowl
- Many good local pubs & restaurants available locally
- 'Tesco Extra' - short drive away for all provisions
- Gateway Visitor Centre & tourist information centre
- Excellent BBQ & picnic areas all about on Cotswold Water Park
- Shopping - good shopping & Factory retail outlets nearby
- Cycle Paths and Walks - The National Cycle Path, Bicycles are welcome at all of the locations and provide a great way of traveling around the area - Cycle hire can be arranged for you
- The Cotswold Water Park has every possible water & outward bound activities available
- On water:-
- Boat trips
- Canoeing & Kayaking, Ringo rides
- Sailing, Windsurfing, Wakeboarding & Waterskiing
- Lake swimming & beach at Somerford Keynes Country Park
- On land:-
- Fishing - excellent fishing on many local lakes, rod licence required
- Walking, Birdwatching- Many wildlife trails exist with excellent bird watching facilities and nature reserves
- Horse riding
- Several good Golf courses nearby
- Guided walks, Nature Reserves, Farm visits & Picnic Areas
- Excellent wildlife park at nearby Burford
- Paintballing, Aerial adventure available locally
- There are a wide selection of waterside holiday lodges & cottages available locally - Cotswold Water Park Holiday Lodges & Cottages
- 30% Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 6 weeks beforehand
- £300 Refundable security deposit required with each booking (£250 covers breakages/damages and £50 covers the 2 x Spa passes if lost)
- Please note: only 2 passes for the Artspa are ever handed out and these are sufficient for the entire party. There is a £25 charge to replace any lost passes.
- Arrival from 4.00pm & 10.00am departure
- Electricity is included in price shown
Cots, highchairs & stair gates available - £10 per item
Extra camp beds can be provided where space permits - £25 charge (bedding & bed linen provided)
- All duvets, linen towels are provided
- Sorry no pets
- No smoking please
- Sorry no single sex large groups
- We regret that we cannot accept bookings which are, or which we deem to be, hen or stag parties
- Short breaks available all year round - 3/4 night breaks - Fri & Mon start days
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions