Woods End is a brand new luxury detached split level holiday cottage. Close to the popular marina in Horning with easy boat hire options close by.
It is a spacious well designed contemporary styled cottage sleeping up to 8 in 4 bedrooms. With views across the water towards the river Bure it is the ideal location to head off and explore the extensive waterways of the Norfolk Broads. Good fishing is available from the private patio area (during the fishing season and with a licence).
This is a perfect base from which to explore the villages and broads of Wroxham, Coltishall, Salhouse and Ranworth, all easily accessible in a day cruiser. Woods End is only a short walk from Horning Village with all the amenities you would expect including a Post Office, butcher, delicatessen, gift shops, art gallery, pubs and more.
Harry's Pool & Cafe is located on-site in Horning. Enjoy the indoor heated pool & Jacuzzi with views across the Marina during your stay (discounts for holiday cottage customers apply). The Cafe offers a great selection of freshly cooked food and homemade cakes and scones. Please note - Harry's Cafe and Swimming pool will be closing for the winter period on 2nd November 2013 through to approx. 28th March 2014.
For a selection of other properties available at same location please click here
Fishing on the Norfolk Broads- a very popular location for all levels of anglers offering some excellent coarse and pike fishing available right from your doorstep. Pike, roach, tench, bream, rudd, perch amongst many others are regularly caught. An Environmental Agency Rod licence will be required to fish on the Broads. There are many rod hire, tackle and bait shops available locally.
Please note: Fishing Season - Open Coarse Fishing Season - 16th June to 14th March (no fishing outside these dates).
The Norfolk Broads is a series of inter-connecting rivers and broads covering 303 sq. km mostly in the County of Norfolk. Seven rivers and 63 broads, many pretty villages and beautiful countryside and landscapes makes up the Norfolk Broads and has been coined Britain's 'Magical Waterland'.
With over 200 square kilometres of the Broads is navigable and the best way to explore the market towns, riverside villages, waterside pubs and pretty broads is by boat which can be hired from many different locations throughout.
The Norfolk Broads is made up many marshes, reedbeds, and conservation areas or SSSI's all which homes a huge amount of varied wildlife and offers a delight for birdwatchers, expert and novice coarse and pike fishermen alike.
Many watersports are also available with sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking all very popular. Another great way to explore the Broads is by bike, many cycling trails and paths wind alongside the rivers and broads.
Sandy beaches and popular Norfolk coastal towns are only a short drive away so too the Historic city of Norwich.
|Local Area & Highlights
- Entrance hall with stairs to lower and upper ground floor
- Cloak room
- One twin bedroom
- Lower ground floor:
- One double bedroom with ensuite shower, W/C & hand basin
- One twin bedroom
- Shower room with W/C & hand basin
- Upper ground floor:
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living area, with TV & DVD player
- Well equipped kitchen area including fridge/freezer, electric oven/hob, microwave & dishwasher
- Washing machine & tumble dryer
- Picture windows and doors leading to balcony overlooking the water
- Digital TV / DVD in main lounge
- First floor:
- Master double bedroom with ensuite shower, W/C & hand basin
- Large water frontage
- Terrace & garden area - Garden furniture provided
- Parking alongside property
- Private mooring available with property
- NEW Private hot tub located on the decking area (available from 23rd June 2014)
- WiFi Broadband Internet Connection
- Central heating
- Electricity is included
- Strictly no smoking
- All duvets, linen & towels are provided
- Cot & high chair available - £12 per item per week & £8 per item per short break
- Toddlers beware
Options & Additional Information
- Fishing available during fishing season (closed season is from 15th March to 15th June inclusive)
- Valid fishing licence is required
- Boat hire available locally at good rates - luxury day cruisers with galley, hob and WC
- Harry's Pool & Cafe is located nearby at Horning Marina. Heated pool & Jacuzzi with views across the Marina during your stay (discounts for holiday cottage customers apply).
- Harry's Cafe offers a great selection of freshly cooked food and homemade cakes and scones.
- Please note - Harry's Cafe and Swimming pool will be closing for the winter period on 2nd November 2013 through to approx. 28th March 2014.
- Local village shops, deli, butcher, restaurants, bars
- Ferry Inn Pub, New Inn & Swan Inn - all easily walkable
- Good shopping at Wroxham village (4 miles away)
- Sandy beaches within 11 miles
- Cromer & Great Yarmouth only a short drive away
- Canoe & kayak hire available locally
- Organised 'Canoe wildlife safaris' available
- Deposit is 25% required, balance due 8 weeks beforehand
- £200 refundable security deposit payable on arrival
- Arrival 2.00pm & departure 09.00am
- Sat/Tues start days
- Please note: Short Breaks are available year round but can only be booked during school summer holidays within 10 days - weekend 3 nights & midweek 4 nights
- All female or all male parties - refundable security deposit of £50.00 per head
- Bed linen, towels & continental quilt duvets provided
- Beds all made up upon arrival
- Electricity is included
- Cot & high chair available - £12/week & £8/short break
- Sorry no pets permitted
- Sorry - Smoking not permitted
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions