Potter Heigham Overview
The waterside holiday homes at Potter Heigham really are the perfect place to relax.
Set within the boatyard at Potter Heigham itself and enjoying views of the Marina are Dragonfly and Swallowtail Aprartments (sleeping up to 4 in each). The largest of the properties at this location is Marsh View Cottage and can accommodate up to 9 people in 5 bedrooms, this property is also considered suitable for wheelchair users or those with limited mobility. Mallard and Bittern (sleeping up to 4 in each) are located at the entrance to the marina and are semi detached. Situated along the edge of the River Thurne is Broadlands Bungalow enjoying views of the famous medieval bridge, marshes and the river itself, this really is an idyllic location.
There are wonderful stretches of coastline with sandy beaches for you to explore nearby and if you fancy something a little more lively, why not take a trip to the sea-side resort of Great Yarmouth with it’s many attractions including a fun fair and sea life centre. Alternatively you could visit the twin cathedral city of Norwich and take a stroll through the cathedral gardens and the cobbled alleyways.
Potter Heigham village itself is a short walk away from your riverside base and has a variety of restaurants, pubs and shops. No visit to this area would be complete without a trip on the Broads themselves. Cruising around the 200 miles of waterways really is an experience not to be missed and at selected times of the year you’ll receive a free day launch or a 25% discount is offered for additional boat hire.
Local Area & Highlights
Sitting as they do on the edge of the River Thurne at Potter Heigham, and some within the boatyard itself, you really do feel part of life on the Norfolk Broads. And it’s only a short walk to the village to stock up on groceries or to have a drink or a meal in one of the local pubs or restaurants.
Please see the various property options below:
Marsh View Cottage - Sleeps 9 - 5 Bedrooms
Dragonfly Apartment - Sleeps 4 - 2 bedrooms
Swallowtail Apartment - Sleeps 4 - 2 bedrooms
Mallard Cottage - Sleeps 4 - 2 Bedrooms
Bittern Cottage - Sleeps 4 - 2 Bedrooms
Broadlands Bungalow - Sleeps 4 - 2 bedrooms, Pet Friendly
Options & Additional Information
- Day boat hire: If your holiday falls between 16th April - 27th May and 3rd Sept - 31st October you will receive free day boat hire for one day per weekly holiday or ½ day per short break.
- 25% discount is offered for additional boat hire available between 1st March and 31st October
- Fishing available from property & marina during fishing season (closed season is from 15th March to 15th June inclusive)
- Valid fishing licence is required, available from the Post Office
- Buoyancy aids - available free of charge
- Laundry room onsite which is free to use. (Please note: washing powder is not provided. The key for the laundry room can be requested from reception
- Village centre - short walk away
- Two pubs, a coffee shop and bakery, fish and chip shop and post office are all nearby in the village
- Lathams department store across the road - very popular discount store close by
- Great Yarmouth & Norwich
- Norfolk Broads - ideal base to explore
- Sandy beaches & coastline a short drive away
- Arrival from 4.00pm & 9.00am departure on week bookings
- Arrival from 2.30pm & 9.00am departure on short break bookings
- 25% Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 8 weeks beforehand
- 2 week bookings - 15% discount applies to consecutive week
- Short breaks available 1st Nov - March 30th
- For all other dates short breaks are bookable within 10 days of the holiday start date
- Weekend break - 3 nights, Sat start
- Midweek break - 4 nights, Tues start
- Electricity and heating is included
- All duvets, linen provided
- Please bring towels
- Cots and High Chairs free of charge, subject to availability (please bring your own linen)
- 1 small dog welcome in selected cottages only- £35 per week & per short break, payable on arrival
- No smoking
- Cancellation protection is included in your holiday price
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions