The lodges stand about 20 metres from the lake, which is approximately one and a half acres in size. Each of the lodges has it's own shed which is ideal for storing all your fishing equipment. The lodge lake is well stocked with coarse fish (carp, bream, rudd and roach). Fish weigh up to 10lb in this lake. Please note that this lake can sometime be subject to fluctuations in water level, particularly through the summer months.
The 2nd lake (the reservoir) is developing as a specimen carp lake, aimed at the more serious fisherman (There is now no charge to use this lake either - it is included in the cost of your stay). Max 2 rods per person, exclusively for Rural Roosts' guests only! (no night fishing).
In order to get the maximum potential from our exciting fisheries we have employed the services of a professional fisheries consultancy, who have carried out annual extensive surveys on both the lakes to provide specialist advice on stocks, the lakes status, and their future management. The lakes at Rural Roosts are not commercial fisheries, the aim is to offer guests enjoyable fishing in a beautiful, natural environment.
Rural Roosts is the ideal location for a fishing holiday whatever your level of experience, whether you're an experienced angler or a complete beginner keen to try out a new hobby!
There is a great local tackle shop (approx 1 mile), which has an excellent range of fishing tackle and bait.
Fishing Instruction - If you'd like to use your fishing holiday as a chance to improve your skills, there is a local qualified fishing coach, Kevin Martin, with a level 2 certificate in coaching angling, who can come and give lessons by prior arrangement. He will provide any equipment needed and will teach anyone from the age of 7 upwards. Please phone or e-mail with enquiries.
At Rural Roosts, the aim is to provide our guests with a calming, relaxing natural environment for fishing. These simple fishing rules have been put in place to help those who have come to us for a fishing holiday. No matter what your skill level, we hope you have a brilliant time on the lakes while staying with us!
- Please use the shed to store your fishing tackle
- No keep nets
- No carp sacks
- Strictly barbless hooks only
- Please use the landing nets that are provided in the shed at the back of your lodge (please ensure they are left where you found them and in good order at the end of your stay ready for the next guest) If you require more nets please let us know.
- Larger landing nets provided at reservoir
- No peanuts
- No tiger nuts
- Ground bait in feeders and pole cup only
- Free offerings in moderation
- No lead core leaders
- No fixed leads
- No braided mainline
- All fish to be returned to the lake
- Please do not leave rods or equipment unattended at any time
- Night fishing is permitted on Lodge Lake only, but please respect other guests by keeping noise and light to a minimum.
- Fishing in Lodge Lake is included in price of holiday (max 2 rods per person).
- Fishing in Specimen Carp Lake (Reservoir) is now also included in the price of your stay, 7am - 9pm (All equipment to be removed by 9pm, nothing to be left overnight).
- We reserve the right to close either lake for routine maintenance / survey etc. Guests will be informed in advance of this happening.
- Most importantly of all, please look after our fish; please let us know if you find any fish that are not in good health. Should you have any concerns / questions, please contact Tim : 07887 533852.
THESE WATERS ARE SUBJECT TO ENVIRONMENT AGENCY CHECKS.
ALL ANGLERS SHOULD BE IN POSSESSION OF AN E.A. ROD LICENSE.
These can be purchased at most post offices our nearest is: Bardney Post Office.