Set in a mature & forested 67 acre estate with 35 acres of very well stocked fishing lakes, luxurious Canadian lodges and some of the best coarse & carp fishing in the South West of England.
Much time, effort and thought have gone into designing and furnishing these lovely lodges. Stafford Moor is a wonderful retreat that you will not want to leave at the end of your holiday.
A small cluster of two storey solid log cabins overlook 13 acres of lake. Just imagine returning from a day's fishing to relax on your private decking or sitting on your upstairs balcony with a bottle of wine, deciding which lake to fish tomorrow.
Your lodge will be tastefully and individually decorated and will include:
- Three bedrooms and sleeps a maximum of six (two double bedrooms and one twin bedroom) with the upstairs bedroom being en-suite and two downstairs bedrooms with their own bathroom.
- Upstairs lounge area leading onto upstairs balcony.
- Fitted kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, freezer, cooker, ceramic hob, microwave, toaster, washing machine, kettle, iron and ironing board.
- Two colour TVs, DVD player plus DVD's to watch and a CD player
- Individual built in secure tackle and luggage stores.
- Large decking area with outdoor furniture.
- Fishing on the lakes are included in your booking. If you wish to fish on the specimen lakes there is a charge for this. Pre booking on the specimen lakes is essential at the time of your booking to avoid disappointment.
- Night fishing on the pleasure lakes only by prior arrangement a charge of £15 is charged for overnight fishing.
- Electricity and heating included - no hidden costs.
- Towels, tea towels and bed linen included
| Fishing at Stafford Moor
There are seven lakes available at Stafford Moor for fishing including several specimen carp lakes which much be booked in advance.
There is an extra charge for Specimen fishing on Beatties and Lodge lakes only. All the pleasure lakes which are Oak, Tanners,Pines and Woodpecker are all included in the lodge price.
Night fishing is allowed.
Tanners - Tanners is our most famous lake. Nestling in front of the lodges. With 9 islands & good margins matches can be won from almost any peg. During the Summer 100lbs+ weights are needed to frame and when the silvers turn on in the winter, over 50lb are common.
Pines - Pines is the main silver fish venue which fishes best in summer and all from an island. Perch to 4lb, tench, roach, bream and skimmers
A pleasure anglers dream! A lovely island to cast to from almost every peg with bomb or waggler. Secluded bays and great margins in the corner pegs. Woodpecker holds some of the bigger carp. Great for winter fishing with deep water in front of the pegs.
Carp to 35lb including ghost mirrors to 28lb. Boilies and pop ups work best on this lake
Lodge is a beautiful lake established in 1973. Gorgeous bays, overhanging willows and huge banks of lillies provide a home for 600 double figure Carp to 30lbs. There are also perch to nearly 5lbs
Brand new for 2015 is a refurbished Oak lake. This is set to be a real winner as a pleasure fishing lake and is ideal for families and youngsters who want a fish a chuck. Carp up to 6lb average 3-4lb sizes
More information including the Lake & Fishing Rules
|Local Area & Highlights
- 6 spacious Canadian style 2 storey log cabins
- Set in 67 acres of beautiful lakes and countryside
- 3 Bedrooms - 1 x double ensuite, 1 x double & 1 x twin bedroom
- Master ensuite bedroom upstairs, other two bedrooms downstairs
- Upstairs lounge, kitchen and living area leading onto upstairs balcony with lovely parkland views
- Kitchen equipped with fitted kitchen, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, ceramic hob cooker and oven
- Dishwasher, toaster and washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Living room with TV, DVD & CD player - small library of DVD's to watch too
- Decking area furnished with garden furniture
- Fishing included in your stay on main lakes, there is a charge for the specimen lakes (please pre-book this option if you wish to do so)
- Secure fishing tackle & luggage store in each lodge
- Parking close by
- WiFi is available both in the on site shop and outside the shop area and free of charge.
- Dartmoor and Exmoor - The National Park of Dartmoor is close by with many attractions, Dartmoor Wildlife Park, Becky Falls, Otter Sanctuary and Pony Trekking.
- Exmoor is known as Lorna Doone land and in complete contrast to the vast open expanse of Dartmoor small valleys, gentle streams and huge trees make it hard to believe these two great moors can be so different but so close to each other in Devon.
- Sea - Westward Ho, Appledore and Clovelly are some of the beautiful beaches of North Devon approximately 25 minutes away.
- The English Riviera is 1 hours drive away and the
- North Cornish resort of Bude is approximately 45 minutes away with the more rugged coastline and surf.
- Daily ferry from Bideford to the wonderful Lundy Island to spot the puffins and the seals that live there
- There is a challenging 18 hole Libbaton Golf Course
- Dartington Glass Factory , RHS Rosemoor Gardens, Castle Drogo and Lydford Gorge, with it's famous White Lady Waterfall.
- For the children there is Bideford's "Big Sheep" , Crealy Adventure Park and Milky Way Fun Park
Options & Additional Information
- There is a charge to fish the specimen lakes but guests are free to fish any of the pleasure lakes.
- Night fishing is allowed on specimen lakes (discounts available)
- The Tackle Shop is open from 9:30 to 5:00pm daily throughout the year - snacks, drinks and local produce available too
- Pubs and Shops - The nearest pubs are the New Inn at Roburgh and Kings Arms, Winkleigh, The Duke of York at Iddesleigh, The Royal Oak and The Rams Head Inn, Dolton all offering excellent home cooking, real fires and ales in a friendly atmosphere.
- Shops - The local shop in Dolton is excellent with a Bakery, Off License and Post Office. A short drive away is Barnstaple's famous Green Lanes Shopping Centre and Bideford's Atlantic Village Retail Outlet Centre
- Walks - Almost on the doorstep is the famous Tarka Trail for those who enjoy walking and cycling.
- Riding stables are close by for those who want to see the spectacular scenery on horseback.
- £100 Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 12 weeks beforehand
- Arrival from 4.00pm & 10.00am departure
- Electricity is included in price shown
- Cots, highchairs & stair gates available
All duvets & towels are provided
WiFi in the on site shop and outside the shop area
- No smoking please
- Short breaks available out of season- 3 night breaks - Oct - May
- There is no security deposit chargeable but any damage or breakages must be paid for in full before departure please
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions