Teal and Mallard are semi detached A-Frame Lodges. Each divided by thick, sound proofed walls offering privacy and a warm cosy environment. Right on the shores of lake of the lake of Menteith they all offer spectacular views in all weathers across to the island and mountains beyond. The patio area outside each lodge has a picnic table and there is wildlife right on your doorstep including many very friendly ducks.
The award-winning accommodation at Lochend, near Stirling is all set around the stunning Lake of Menteith, on a private 38 acre woodland estate run by the same family since 1974.
Close to the edge of the lake beside the A Frame Lodges are the newly renovated A Frame Luxury Lodges and the A Frame Chalet which all have a furnished patio and a balcony so you can really make the most of the wonderful panoramic views of the lake and Ben Lomond beyond.
The Cedar Cabins have 2 bedrooms, sleeping 4+2 and are sympathetically located in a crescent shape around the shoreline to ensure lovely views of the lake through lawn and trees. Just past the Cedar cabins, is the Pine Lodge which has 2 bedrooms and enjoys a woodland view.
Larger groups of family or friends will love the charming white stone Coach House. This is a converted stable sleeping 8-10 in 4 ensuite bedrooms and a box room, boasts a large sun lounge with plenty of comfortable seating and a private hot tub located on a separate area of decking outside.
For those keen on fly-fishing, the Lake of Menteith is one of the best trout fishing waters in Scotland There is no bank fishing, but there are two boats going from the shore which can be booked in advance.
If you can tear yourself away from this beautiful waterside location you will find that it provides a great base from which to discover the fabulous countryside of Scotland.
Alternative accommodation at this location includes:
Pine Lodge - Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
Cedar Cabin - Sleeps 4+2 in 2 bedrooms & sofa bed
A Frame Chalets - Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Luxury A-Frame Lodges - Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Coach House - Sleeps 10 in 4/5 bedrooms + Hot Tub
Fishing: The Lake of Menteith is widely reputed to be one of Scotland's premier locations for fly fishing with well stocked trout fishing waters. It is stocked with over 30,000 rainbow and brown trout every year, all over a 1lb in weight. Fishing is fly fishing only and from a boat - no bank fishing. 2 boats are available for guests however you can always visit the fishery which is a approx 1 mile away for more options there - www.menteith-fisheries.co.uk
Local Area & Highlights
- Click here for a site plan of this location
- Two A-Frame Lodges - Teal, Mallard
- Teal & Mallard sleeps up to 6 -
- First Floor:
- Kingsize double bedroom with ensuite shower room, WC & hand basin
- Second living area furnished with a large flat-screen TV/DVD player, a 3-seater sofa & double futon (This room can be used as a 3rd bedroom)
- Patio doors open onto a balcony with lake views
- Ground floor:
- Twin Bedroom with views out onto the forest
- Family bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, W/C & hand basin
- Both lodges have the following -
- Open-plan living, dining & kitchen area
- Small flat-screen TV, CD/Radio/iPod dock
- Sycamore topped dining table
- Dining table
- Sliding glass doors open out to a furnished patio
- Fully equipped solid oak kitchen - fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, electric hob & oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, scales, hand blender
- All necessary utensils, crockery & cutlery are also provided
- There is space for 1-2 cars at the back of the lodges
- FREE WIFI available
- All heating & electricity is included
- Sorry, pets not permitted
- Bed linen, duvets and towels, tea towels are provided
- Beds are all made up with fresh linen for your arrival
- 'Starter Pack' provided on arrival - Fair-trade tea, coffee, sugar, milk and & some local cakes
- Ecover cleaning fluids, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets & washing powder. Sponges & J-cloth
- Click here for a floor plan of the A Frame Lodges
- Closest villages: Aberfoyle & Callander
- Co-Op shop in Aberfoyle - open from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week, 10 minutes by car!
- Stirling - 25 minutes drive
- Glasgow & Edinburgh - 1 hours drive
- The Lake Hotel and Port Bar - 1.5 miles from Port of Menteith, Great location, on the north shore of the Lake, big roaring fire in winter and fabulous area for al fresco dining when suitable. Both bar food and fine dining
- Nick Nairn Cook School - This award winning Cook School is not only on the estate - fantastic way to spend a day out whether your into cooking or not
- Inchmahome Priory - Set on an island in the Lake of Menteith
- Great hill walking close by
- Loch Lomond is a short drive away
- Rednock Riding Centre - 2 miles from Port of Menteith - £18 for 1 hour trek, £32 for 2 hours
- Queen Elizabeth Forest Park - short drive away
- Stirling Castle - 25 mins away
- Aberfoyle Golf Club - 4 miles from Lochend
- Balfron Golf Club - 8 miles from Lochend
- Callander Golf Club - 9 miles from Lochend
- Deanston Distillery - 'local' distillery just 20 minutes from Lochend
- Go Ape! - Aberfoyle - Longest zip wire in Britain, 400m.
- 'Nae Limits' are an adventure sports company providing a great range of adrenalin-pumping activities from canyoning to white water rafting
- Mountain Biking - There are many tracks
- 'The Peak', indoor sports centre, have a climbing session followed by a swim or a skate!
- SS Sir Walter Scott - The Steamship Sir Walter Scott has been sailing sedately on Loch Katrine since 1900.
- Glencoe Visitor's Centre 1.5 hours drive away
- Glencoe Ski Centre
Options & Additional Information
- Friendly reception & useful information centre
- Communal laundry available with 2 washers & dryers & a washing line
- Games room - Table tennis table (bats / balls provided in each cabin), pool, air hockey, table football. PC with internet access, book exchange / DVD library
- Childrens play area - toddlers play boat, built with the 18 month to 10yrs olds in mind, a rope swing for children of all ages, giant chess board and wonderful natural playground in safe private estate
- Tennis courts - Free use with racquets provided, please bring your own tennis balls
- Fly fishing - permit required, preferable to book in advance, boat fishing only
- Rowing boats available hire by the hour, 1st come 1st serve basis at £4 per hour. Available from April to end of October
- Sailing - our customers may bring sailing dinghy's & boats by arrangement and will be required to be disinfected before launching
- Bikes - Great location for cycling with a Mountain Bike Trail and Trials Bike Skills Area available on the estate in a lovely forested area alongside the Goodie Burn
- Nick Nairn cook school is on site but must be booked in advance
- £50 deposit, balance due 6 weeks beforehand
- For all bookings not paid in full there is an additional £10 cancellation insurance
- Arrival from 3.30pm & 10.00am departure
- All male / female or young groups - please check when booking (Larger groups will be asked for a damage deposit)
- All heating & electricity is included
- Bed linen, duvets & towels, tea towels are provided
- Short breaks available 1st Nov-30th March
- Sorry, pets not permitted
- Cots and high chairs available free of charge - must provide your own cot linen
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions