The 5 Best Walks in the Scottish Highlands
Scotland is a country built for those who love the outdoors. From fishing and golf to kayaking and cycling, Scotland offers something for every outdoor enthusiast.
However, walking is one of the most widely-practiced outdoor activities available to anyone visiting Scotland.
What better way to see the country than by going on one of the many walks in the Scottish Highlands. The wild landscapes of the vast Scottish Highlands are a goldmine of walking opportunities, here are five of the best:
1. West Highland Way
– The West Highland Way is arguably the most famous walk in Scotland, and one of the best in the UK. Scotland’s first ever official walk, the West Highland Way is 96 miles long and runs from Milngavie to FortWilliam. Waterside Breaks offer a host of log cabins in Scotland and lodges in Scotland
2. Southern Upland Way
– The Southern Upland Way runs from the east coast of Scotland, at Cockspurnbath, to the west coast, at Portpatrick, and is diverse under foot – from rolling moorlands to sheer, rough, mountainous terrain.
3. Killiecrankie Walk
– Visiting Scotland in the autumn? Try the Killiecrankie Walk in the dense woodland of the southern highlands for some breathtaking autumnal imagery.
4. The Great Glen Way
– The Great Glen Way runs for 79 miles between FortWilliam and Inverness, in the Scottish North West, via Fort Augustus and Loch Ness. Waterside Breaks offer a number of holiday lodges, cottages and log cabins in Scotland located along The Great Glen Way.
5. Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh
– Even if you’re the type that prefers a city break, Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh is a great way to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh’s busy streets and check out some of the most unique views of the city.
We have many lovely locations where you can stay in waterside holiday cottages, log cabins and lodges and be able to enjoy these walks.
For a full listing of Holiday Lodges in Scotland, Log Cabins in Scotland and Scottish Holiday Cottages, check out our website now. For further holiday ideas and personalised recommendations for a variety of destinations across the UK, you can contact us on 01252 339020, or visit us here at.
You can also get in touch with us on Facebook, where we regularly share some of the most breathtaking highland photography with the Waterside Breaks community.