Woodlakes Oak Lodge is a spacious three bedroom lakeside lodge which can accommodate up to six people. The lodge has three double bedrooms making it the ideal choice for a group of couples. There is a large decking area which is furnished with a table & chairs and a private fishing peg directly in front of the lodge.
The Norwegian log cabins at Woodlakes Park are set amongst 66 acres of landscaped grounds with 5 stocked fishing lakes. The cabins are built from mature European Spruce at least 100 years old. There is a shop on-site which stocks basic groceries, fishing tackle & bait.
At Woodlakes you can choose from a selection of holiday lodges. Either the lakeside lodges which enjoy waterside views and are the perfect choice for fishermen as each lodge has a private swim. Or you can choose from one of the parkside lodges which have access to the fishing lakes but do not have a private swim or view of the lake.
Each lodge is furnished with an open plan living, dining and kitchen area which opens out onto a private veranda. There is a fully equipped kitchen and all the lodges are double-glazed and have electric heating so are nice and cosy on those cooler evenings.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Double bedroom (Super king) with flat screen TV with Free view & ensuite shower room with W/C & hand basin.
Double bedroom (kingsize) with flat screen TV with Free view.
Double bedroom (4' 6").
Family bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, W/C & hand basin.
Pets are not accepted in this lodge.
Terms & Conditions
25% Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 8 weeks beforehand.
Check in - 3.00pm & check out is 10.00am.
All bedding & bed linen are provided.
Beds all made up upon arrival.
Please bring towels.
Electricity cards provided - The cabins have electric meters which you buy a card for £5 or £10 (there is a digital display so you can monitor what you are using).
Cot & high chair available on request (£10 per item).
Sorry no smoking.
Weekly breaks: Fri - Fri or Mon - Mon
Weekend breaks 3 nights: Fri - Mon
Midweek breaks 4 nights: Mon - Fri
On site fishing available in 5 well stocked lakes.
Fishing is not included in the price of the holiday lodge - Fishing is £25 per person for a short break or £35 per person for a week.
Stocked with carp (up to 40lb), roach, tench, bream, pike & eels.
Fishing available day & night all year round.
Small shop on-site selling bait, tackle & basic groceries (open Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm, Sun 10am – 1pm).
BBQ - Guests can bring their own BBQ (please note these are not permitted on the decking area - grass only).
Tesco & Morrisons supermarkets are 5 mins away.
Local Pub is The Hare Arms in Stow Bardolph is approx. 2 miles.
Check Availability & Book
- Cot & high chair available on request (£10 per item).
- Fishing available - £25 per person for a short break or £35 per person for a week - you can fish in any of the 5 lakes at this location.
Terms & Conditions
Making your booking
At time of booking, you will be requested to pay a booking deposit of 25% if your holiday start date is more than 8 weeks after the date of your booking. If booking within 8 weeks of your holiday start date, full payment will required at time of booking. On receipt of your booking deposit, a contract of hire exists between the hirer and the owners.
Payment of the balance of hire
Your balance of hire is due for payment, without demand, no later than 8 weeks prior to your arrival. Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit and payment of full cancellation charges.
Changes to your booking
After your booking has been confirmed, any changes will incur an administration cost of £20.00 to cover the cost of replacement paperwork. Changes within 8 weeks of the start date of your holiday may incur additional cancellation charges and all requested changes will be subject to availability.
Cancellation by the hirer
In the event of cancellation by you 8 weeks or more before your holiday, your 25% booking deposit will be non-refundable and you may be eligible to claim on your holiday cancellation insurance if taken (see item 6 below). Cancellation within 8 weeks of your holiday will forfeit the full hire amount paid (or due) unless the owners can re-let the property in which case only the 25% booking deposit will be forfeit to cover administration and re-letting costs.
Cancellation by the owner
Should a property suddenly become unavailable for the dates hired by you due to unforeseen circumstances, all efforts will be made to offer suitable alternatives. If this is not possible, then all monies paid by the hirer will be refunded in full with no deductions but the Owners will incur no further liability of any kind. Under no circumstances will the Owners be liable to refund any amount exceeding the amount paid by the hirer.
Cancellation and Personal Insurance
It is very strongly recommended that you have adequate personal and holiday cancellation insurance to cover you and all members of your party. This should be suitable for UK self-catering holidays arranged independently of a travel agent and should include cancellation protection cover to safeguard you against loss of the cost of your holiday in the event of unexpected cancellation. Under no circumstances will the Owners be responsible for loss of life, personal injury, medical expenses, accidents, damage to the Hirers property, personal effects or motor vehicle(s) and you should ensure that any insurance covers such eventualities.
Electricity in the lodges is by meter using £5 or £10 cards purchased from reception. There is a digital display on the meter in order to monitor usage.
Bed linen and Towels
Your hire includes all bed linen (except for the optional cot) and water. Towels are not provided, however the towel pack can be purchased at the property if required.
The number of persons in a three-bedroom lodge shall not exceed six, in a two bedroom lodge shall not exceed four.
Specific lodges have been allocated for pets charged at an additional £10 per dog per night.
Safety of children
There are a number of lakes on the site, so children must be supervised at all times and are the sole responsibility of the parents or guardian.
There is strictly NO SWIMMING in any of the lakes.
For the comfort of all guests, smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the premises.
Reasonable access to the properties by representatives of Woodlakes Park must be allowed at all times.
Behaviour of guests, and visitors, should not be excessive or rowdy, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. You should show consideration to the owners, your neighbours and other guests at all times.
Prices are correct at the time of publication but may change without notice with the exception of confirmed bookings. Confirmed bookings will not alter other than to reflect any changes in tax.
Arrival and departure times
Your holiday hire includes use of the property from 3.00pm on the day of arrival as specified in your booking confirmation until 10.00am on the specified day of departure. Later checkouts will result in an additional charge.
Improvements, maintenance and refurbishment to the facilities in the lodges and the grounds are carried out throughout the year. The owners will always do their best to ensure guests are not inconvenienced.
The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking.
- Norwegian lodge set on the banks of the 8 acre coarse fishing lake.
- Oak Lodge is marked as no. 6 (6 berth willow executive) on the site map.
- Double bedroom (Super king) with flat screen TV with Free view & ensuite shower room with W/C & hand basin.
- Double bedroom (kingsize) with flat screen TV with Free view.
- Double bedroom (4' 6").
- Family bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, W/C & hand basin.
- Open plan living, dining & kitchen area.
- Large corner sofa.
- Flat screen TV with Freeview.
- Fully equipped kitchen - oven, electric hob, microwave, fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Dining table with seating for 6 people.
- Bifold doors opening on to lakeside decking.
- Large decking area furnished with a table & chairs.
- Steps leading down private swim in front of the lodge.
- Electricity cards provided - The cabins have electric meters which you buy a card for £5 or £10 (there is a digital display so you can monitor what you are using).
- All bedding & bed linen are provided.
- Please bring towels.
- Cot & high chair available on request (£10 per item).
- Sorry no smoking.
- Pets are not accepted in this lodge.
- Parking for 2 cars alongside the lodge.
Local Fishing Information
- 5 well stocked fishing lakes.
- Fishing is not included in the price of the holiday lodge - Fishing is £25 per person for a short break or £35 per person for a week.
- Shop on-site selling fishing tackle & bait.
- Fishing available day & night all year round.
- A valid rod license must be held – Environment Agency often do spot checks.
- Two rods per person. (Three rods are allowed on the Championship Lake only).
- Barblesshooks only.
- Fishing rules available on request.
- 323m x 98m (1079 ft x 328 ft ) – Coverage of approx.
- Carp up to 40lb.
- Bream up to 16lb.
- Tench up to 9lb. Pike up to 28lb.
- 10 acres varying in depths up to 6ft.
- Designated swim in front of cabin, day ticket holders on the opposite side.
Two Pole Lake
- 120m x 102m (399 ft x 343 ft ) – Coverage of approx.
- 4 acres varying in depths between 4 - 6ft.
- Ranging from 14 - 26 ½ lb on Carp.
- Also with Tench, Bream and Roach.
- 94m x 65m (313 ft x 216 ft ) – Coverage of approx. 3 acres varying depths of 6ft, but don't let the size put you off carp are still coming out at 19 ½ lb.
Stow Copse Lake
- 130m x 122m (426 ft x 400 ft ) – Coverage of approx. 3 acres with depths around 5ft.
- Shaped like an S with a few hidden swims.
- 408m x 15, (1338 ft x 521 ft ) – Coverage of approx. 12 acres with depths up to 6ft.
- A mixture of some good size carp up 40lb (none yet caught).
- Only fished by Club Members and residents.
Sandringham - 600 acre Royal estate with the house and gardens.
Hunstanton - an elegant seaside resort and town only 22 miles away.
The Wash National Nature Reserve - saltmarsh reserve for bird spotting and nature trails.
National Trust - Oxburgh Hall is a moated country house in Oxborough.
Norfolk Broads - approx. 1 hour away. A series of inter-connecting rivers and broads covering 303 sq. km mostly in the County of Norfolk. Seven rivers and 63 broads, many pretty villages and beautiful countryside and landscapes makes up the Norfolk Broads and has been coined Britain's 'Magical Waterland'.
Fen Rivers Way - Long distance footpath that spans a distance of 50 miles. The path runs between Cambridge and King's Lynn.
Market towns - Kings Lynn & Downham Market are close by.
Church Farm - Rare Breeds Centre (Farm Park) for animals, adventure playground, tea room and shop is only 5 mins away from the Woodlakes Park.
Adrian Flux Arena - Motorsports venue where King's Lynn Stars Speedway team & Trackstar Racing takes place.
Pensthorpe Park - Multi-award winning Natural Park with wildlife, 4 gardens, adventure play area, soft play area, cafe and shop.