Kingfisher Lure is in an excellent location to enjoy the Norfolk Broads. Close to the main village of Wroxham and its many facilities you can also enjoy many activities including fishing, sailing, cycling, walking and bird watching.
The River Bure flows close and offers great boating options to head and explore the many navigable waterways. Rowing dinghy available to enjoy the water or to fish from.
Kingfisher Lure is situated right by the water in a quiet area of Wroxham, with its own private mooring, close to main river. This very modern and recently renovated holiday home offers an ideal spot to relax and explore the Norfolk Broads, by boat or car. Just a few minutes walk to Wroxham village centre. Shops and pubs approx 800 metres.
Similar Cottages near by:
Sunset Haven - Sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms
Swan Cottage Wroxham - Sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms
Brightside - Sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms
Waterside Retreat - Sleeps 11 in 5 bedrooms
Fishing on the Norfolk Broads - a very popular location for all levels of anglers offering some excellent coarse and pike fishing available right from your doorstep. Pike, roach, tench, bream, rudd, perch amongst many others are regularly caught. An Environmental Agency Rod licence will be required to fish on the Broads. There are many rod hire, tackle and bait shops available locally.
Please note: Fishing Season - Open Coarse Season - 16th June to 14th March (no fishing outside these dates)
The Norfolk Broads is a series of inter-connecting rivers and broads covering 303 sq. km mostly in the County of Norfolk. Seven rivers and 63 broads, many pretty villages and beautiful countryside and landscapes makes up the Norfolk Broads and has been coined Britain's 'Magical Waterland'.
With over 200 square kilometres of the Broads is navigable and the best way to explore the market towns, riverside villages, waterside pubs and pretty broads is by boat which can be hired from many different locations throughout.
The Norfolk Broads is made up many marshes, reedbeds, and conservation areas or SSSI's all which homes a huge amount of varied wildlife and offers a delight for birdwatchers, expert and novice coarse and pike fishermen alike.
Many watersports are also available with sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking all very popular. Another great way to explore the Broads is by bike, many cycling trails and paths wind alongside the rivers and broads.
Sandy beaches and popular Norfolk coastal towns are only a short drive away so too the Historic city of Norwich.
Local Area & Highlights
- Kingfisher Lure is a 2 bedroom waterside holiday cottage situated down a cut off of the main river
- First Floor:
- 1 x double bedroom with views over the water
- 1 x twin bedroom
- Family bathroom - bath with shower over, W/C & hand basin
- Ground Floor:
- Open plan living & dining area
- TV with FreeView / DVD Player / music system
- Electric fire
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas cooker / Fridge Freezer / Microwave oven / Washing machine
- Patio doors opening onto furnished decking
- Use of rowing dinghy
- Car parking for 1 car with additional roadside parking available
- Electricity & full gas central heating included (reasonable use)
- All bedding & bed linen provided
- Beds all made up for arrival
- Please bring towels
- Sorry no pets
- Cot available
- No smoking
- FREE Broadband Internet
Options & Additional Information
- Fishing available from property & marina during fishing season (15th June to 15th March)
- Wroxham Angling Bait & Tackle in Station Road
- Boat hire available locally
- River trips available a short walk away
- Pubs nearby
- Numerous restaurants & bars - easily walkable
- Shopping short walk away
- Town centre - 200 metres
- Excellent cycling locally
- Visit 'Roys of Wroxham ' - the UK's largest village department store
- Deposit is £100 or 25%
whichever is the higher amount
- balance due 8 weeks beforehand
- Arrival from 4.00pm & 10.00am departure
- Electricity & gas central heating included (reasonable use)
- Beds all made up for your arrival
- All duvets, linen provided
- Please bring own towels
- Friday start days for weekly breaks
- Short breaks available October-April inclusive - excluding Bank Holiday weeks & October half term
- Weekend breaks available (3 nights) Fri start day
- Midweek breaks available (4 nights) Mon start day
- Booking Terms: Click here to view full booking and hire conditions