The Cotswolds Lakes
Just imagine sitting on the decking of your lakeside holiday cottage overlooking the water, wildlife all around, glass of wine in hand and the sausages gently browning on the BBQ whilst the sun is gently going down.
This beautiful lakeland region is one of the best kept secrets in the Cotswolds but word is definitely getting out. The Cotswolds lakes is becoming a very popular choice for family holidays and short breaks, but why?
The Cotswold Water Park area is made up of over 150 different lakes, covering 40 square miles, encompassing 13 traditional pretty Cotswold villages. It offers a wide variety of recreational activities, wildlife and beautiful natural surroundings.
10 Great Reasons why the Cotswold Water Park Region:
- An area of outstanding beauty – The best of the Cotswolds countryside combined with a large network of lakes. Lots to do and see, easy to get to from most areas and a chance to visit lovely old pubs, market towns and idyllic traditional countryside villages.
- Wildlife and wonderful natural surroundings – Nature reserves, a country park and 10 lakes with Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) status including bird hides and viewing platforms to see huge variety of wildfowl, wildlife from tufted ducks, rare geese to otters.
- Excellent fishing opportunities – 74 fishing lakes offering a great choice for expert anglers, recreational and the novices alike. Many holiday cottages offer fishing almost from the doorstep
- Great walks for all – Many lovely lakeside & countryside trails which are ideal for dog walking too. Find the head of the Thames and walk with it as it evolves into a navigable river down near Lechlade. For ideas and trails see – Cotswold Water Park suggested walks
- Cycling and rambling – Over 93 miles of well marked pathways, trails, bridleways and cycleways. Bike hire is available with simple to follow trail guides. Follow the Thames Path and arrive at Ashton Keynes with more bridges over the infant Thames than London.
- Friendly village pubs, lakeside restaurants and picnics spots – watch the waterskiing from the Lakeside Brasserie or check out one of the many lovely local pubs close by.
- Watersports – venture out on the water in a canoe, kayak or paddle board and explore the lakes or maybe go sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding or try the ringos and see if you can hang on.
- Spoil yourselves with Spa weekends, family get togethers or enjoy a hot tub – Free access to Artspa if staying at Lower Mill Estate, sit back and relax a hot tub on your decking or enjoy a family celebration
- Head to the Cotswold Country Park & Beach – try water zorbing, boat hire, bouncy castles, paddling and areas for BBQ’s and picnics
- Great choice of stylish holiday cottages in idyllic lakeside locations across a number of the different lakes each with their own on site facilities. These are available for holidays and short breaks all year round ideal for family holidays, groups and romantic escapes
There is something for everyone in the Cotswold Water Park that maybe ought to be renamed the ‘Cotswolds Lakes’. These are just some of the reasons why this lovely area is becoming so popular. Come and find out why for yourselves.
For holidays ideas see our Cotswold Water Park holiday cottages website or call Waterside Breaks on 01252 339020 for advice and ideas.